Monday, May 11, 2009

Partner Day

*I didn't have the partner that I was hoping for - and I hope she feels better. You were missed, and thankfully I survived without you Angela!*
Today was a rough workout. It was partner day, and I was nervous about being the "slow" partner out of the group. Admittedly I was sometimes, but one I got into my rhythm I killed it on the jumprope. I jumped 400 times! Although after doing wall sits for a while my legs did NOT want to do burpees (That is not what I look like doing burpees). This is the first day I've done modified workouts. But if I hadn't my poor partner would have had to wall sit ALL day long!
 An uplifting thing that happened today was that I jogged, for real. I did my 3 "4BLaps" (laps around the parking lot and up Butler) without stopping to walk. NOT EVEN ONCE! I ran with someone (I think her name is Jane) she ended up being my partner for the day. But it was encouraging because she didn't feel like a strong runner either. I just kept pace with her and we did it! I was pretty excited. It's encouraging to know that I can do it, so later this week I'll be taking on the neighborhood. It would be good to know what distance I ran. hmm. I'll have to drive around the parking lot to see.
 I just kept pushing today, that was key. I didn't enjoy everything, but I DID IT! 
All in all this is what I did:
~ 100 box jumps
400 jumps jump-roping
Air Squats until my partner did 200 jumps
60 Burpees
Wall Sits until my partner did 30 Burpees
100 Crunches
75 Russian Twists *didn't hate these*
50 Leg Raises
25 Supermans

And drummmmmroooooollllll.......
burned 727 Calories! The most in 1 workout since I've been wearing my heart-rate monitor.
I'm thinking of going tomorrow. That will be my first 2 days in-a-row. We will see.
Thanks for reading! :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry I was not there, I was unconscious for most of the evening.

    But Jane is awesome, I'm glad you got to partner with her ;)

    I'll be there tonight too (I hope!)

    ReplyDelete