Friday, May 22, 2009

new trainer and discouraging dress

Yesterday I met Bryan. He's the new trainer at 4B and he was pretty excited to be there. And it was actually pretty helpful in getting me motivated.
 I did my first Crazy 8s. Which is starting out in a bench press then gradually inclining one click at a time, to a millitary press (I think that's what it's called). BUT on the way up between clicks, doing 15 ring rows or pull ups. I tried the jumping pull ups for the first time. Then on the way down between clicks one "bank run" which is just a quick lap around part of the complex the gym is in. I didn't stop to walk! (yay) but I did get slower. I'm ok with that because there were times where I wanted to walk, but I didn't!
 So, I think I may have set a lofty goal trying to fit into the dress. I'm just being honest with whoever is reading this. But I'm pretty sure I will not be wearing THE dress tomorrow. (that was my mental deadline) I'm trying to not let it discourage me. I will wear it one day - soon I hope. But on the bright side. I get to buy a new dress... :-/

No comments:

Post a Comment