Friday, May 8, 2009

5k

I just completed the Swamp Rabbit 5k! This is the first time I've ever entered a race. umm EVER (can I stress that?) and...I actually liked it. I'm not sure how else to put it. I did walk most of the way, and did some jogging (or yogging as Ana calls it).
 Greta, Ana and I hung out and walked/jogged together. There were around 2,000 people there and the trail was not very big, so at times we were stuck going a certain speed. Once it opened up we were able to jog and do our power walk around people. It was encouraging to try to keep up with the faster people around me. Also, Ana and I had out new heart rate monitors on. My heart was apparently beating CRAZY fast at some point. I'm going to say it was either running downhill in the cemetery or hiking it up the other hill.
 I also think this was one of the hottest I've ever been. (not hot looking, I highly doubt THAT) The humidity was amazing, and horrible. It felt almost like swimming through the air. I'm sure it had to be around 90% humidity. I was "glistening" before the gun even went off.
 Anyways, I'll stop the rambling to say: I enjoyed the race. And I might possibly enjoy running. That is crazy, because I would never have guessed that I would ever say or believe that. I think that I might give it a try. And I'm definitely IN for the next race. Bring it on stroller pushers!
 
So, Dear running. I'm going to give you a chance. Please be easy on me. I think that I might like you. :) Sincerely, Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment