Monday, June 1, 2009

ixnay on the erealsay

So, it was my first time being late to a workout. I'm pretty sure I got my heart rate up trying to get there on time. I feel like I did OK. I didn't complete the workout in an hour, but I really feel like I'm starting to get the form down. Also, my "core" doesn't like to workout. My back would rather hurt itself trying to make up for my lazy core. Crunches and leg raises usually really bother my back. Tonight I did full-fledged sit-ups. I wasn't in pain (from what I remember) AND I felt like there might actually be muscles under my "spare tire" "love-handles" what have you...
 I met Michael for the first time tonight (he introduced himself as Ralph???) He was very encouraging, and really helped me get my form right. But he also asked how long I've been working out. I guess it's been about a month. And then he asked if I felt a difference in my clothes fitting.  To be honest, I haven't much. I feel better, more active...but actually weight (or fat) loss. Minor.
 He asked if I had been eating right. and I think for the most part I have. That's when I mentioned that I have been having a bowl of cereal for dinner a few nights a week. He stopped and asked me "Am I red yet?".     oops!   He then told me that is not a good idea. So, SpecialK, YOU LIAR! You don't mention in your "Lose 6 lbs. in 2 weeks" plan how much sugar is in your cereal. And also how much of the stuff I need is NOT in your cereal.
 Needless to say, I will be watching what I eat more carefully. I think the trick is moderation. Which is REALLY hard. I've heard it's good to eat 4 or 5 meals a day, that are no more than 300 calories each. But it can be ANYTHING (as long as it's less than 300 calories).  I've been eating more fish. I've only been told that if I want to cook it I have to go outside. :)

This is a long one, I guess I have missed a blog or two. PS Maddie is going to hard core show me up in the 5K.

1 comment:

  1. Nah- I won't show you up... But I think the run/jog more than we walk idea is a solid one. Agree?

    Love!

    ReplyDelete